Lavender – The beautiful aroma that instantly uplifts your mood and instills a felling of calmness. We usually associate Lavender Essential Oil with Spas or air diffusers to lighten up the mood. But did you know Lavender is great for skin lightening too?
It has many skin benefits and today we are going to help you with some amazing recipes for skin fairness using this miracle essential oil. If you’re looking for some quick fixes for a tan or prepping for a special occasion with very little time at hand, then you will surely benefit for these! These recipes are all so simple and yet so effective. The best part – you’ll find most of the ingredients in your own kitchen. So no need to hunt around guys! Let’s get started.
1) HONEY AND LAVENDER
Honey has some amazing anti-bacterial and anti-microbial benefits that heal acne and breakouts and also evens out skin tone. Lavender is great for skin lightening and brightening as well as soothes skin inflammation from acne etc.
Tea-Tree Essential Oil works wonders on acne.
- Mix 2 tablespoons of honey and 4 drops of Lavender Essential Oil.
- Add a drop of Tea-Tree Essential Oil and let the mixture sit for 5 minutes.
- Now apply evenly all over your skin and other areas where you experience acne bursts.
- Leave on for 10 minutes and rinse it out with warm water. Rinse again using cold water to ensure you close your pores and lock in all the added moisture for that supple glow.
For flawless and clear glowing skin it’s best to use this every alternate day for atleast two months straight.
2) AVOCADO AND LAVENDER
Avocado is loaded with Vitamin E that has multiple skin benefits like collagen boosting and anti-ageing etc that help keep you looking younger always.
Lavender is of course great for skin brightening.
- Wash your face with warm water to prep for the mask.
- Mash up half a ripe avocado in a bowl and add 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil and blend it well.
- Apply evenly on your face and leave it on for 15 minutes. This mask is pretty thick in consistency and does not dry up after application. So don’t worry, just time yourself and rinse using cold water.
For best skin lightening results use this mask once a week and spot a visible difference in your skin tone.
3) CINNAMON AND LAVENDER
Apart from its strong earthy fragrance, Cinnamon Powder is a very potent anti-bacterial. It helps in the healing of acne, rashes and other skin infections that one suffers from on a day to day basis.
Lavender as we know well, is for skin brightening.
Yogurt is full of lactic acid that is great for skin whitening and also is a wonderful skin moistuiriser. It helps reduce dark spots and blemishes as well.
- Take 2 tablespoons of yogurt and add half a tablespoon of cinnamon powder or a single drop of Cinnamon Essential Oil to it. Blend well to for an even paste.
- Add 5 drops of Lavender Essential Oil to the paste. Apply evenly onto your face and leave it on for 15 minutes.
- Rinse it out with warm water followed by cold water.
This pack is great for use daily, especially at night before bedtime. It will replenish the skin with moisture and lock it all night long, ensuring that you wake up with a beautiful glow.
So these were some amazing and simple recipes for you. Try them out and let us know what else would you want us to write about.