- Rose Petals
- Granulated Sugar
- Sweet Almond Oil
- Avocado Oil
- Pure Cold Pressed Coconut Oil
- Vitamin E Oil
- Cinnamon Essential Oil
Skin Benefits and Uses of Various Ingredients
- Rose has very good Anti-Bacterial properties that help reduce acne and pimples thus giving your skin a smooth appearance.
- It is loaded with Vitamin C that helps fight sun damage, pigmentation, dark spots etc and thus evens your skin tone. It is a great sun block too, and hence protects the outermost layer of skin cells against the harsh sun rays.
- Rose is a known astringent and hence it tightens the pores, blocks them from dirt and pollution and imparts a natural glow from within.
- Helps control excess oil production and reduces skin imperfections.
- Has a cooling and soothing effect that helps treat irritated skin.
- Sugar is a great gentle exfoliating agent that also hydrates the lost moisture. It is commonly used in various body polishes as well, thanks to the glow that it leaves on your skin.
SWEET ALMOND OIL :
- This sweet smelling oil has multiple skin benefits. Almond Oil is a very rich source of Vitamin E and A, thus acting as a great anti-oxidant to help protect from sun damage and slow down premature ageing.
- It improves complexion by reducing dark spots, pigmentation, reduces dark circles etc.
- This oil is well suited for all skin types and is extremely skin-friendly causing no adverse reactions.
AVOCADO OIL :
- Avocado Oil has deep skin penetrating and moisturising properties. It enhances collagen production and hence has immense regenerative properties.
PURE COLD PRESSED COCONUT OIL :
- The deeply moisturising and skin soothing effects of Coconut Oil make it one of the most commonly used ingredients in all Natural and skin friendly recipes.
- It is a potent anti-septic and and anti-bacterial thus making it an effective anti-acne solution.
- Reduces formation of blackheads and unclogs pores from the dirt and pollutants.
VITAMIN E OIL :
- This is truly a skin elixir. It is a potent anti-oxidant that inhibits free radicals and promotes skin healing and repair for a glowing skin.
- Effective anti-ageing properties as well.
CINNAMON ESSENTIAL OIL :
- The fresh and spicy cinnamon essential oil is great stress buster. It makes a potent anti-bacterial agent that's very effective against skin blemishes and acne.
- It improves skin circulation thus helping in skin healing and reducing scars, pigmentation etc.
Mix the following ingredients into a thick even paste.
- 1/2 cup of Granulated Sugar
- 1/4 cup of Pure Coconut Oil
- 2 spoons of Avocado Oil
- 2 spoons of Sweet Almond Oil
- 5 drops of Pure Vitamin E Oil
- 2 cups of Fresh Rose Petals
If you're wondering where to buy the various oils from, don't worry. We have found a perfect way to add these to your recipe of goodness. Just add a 1/2 a cup of Cinnamon Massage Oil to the rest of your ingredients and blend away. This Oil here is enriched with just the right amount of ingredients you are looking for.
No need to stock up on individual oils as this mixture has got them all!
METHOD OF USE/APPLICATION :
- Wash your face with a good cleanser preferably after a hot water bath. This ensures your pores are all open for some deep cleaning.
- Next, apply a thick paste of the above mixture to your face and scrub gently in order to exfoliate the dirt and dead skin cells.
- Leave it on for about 10 to 15 minutes for the ingredients to seep deeply into your skin and achieve best results.
- Rinse off with cold water and pat dry. Don't scrub that towel. Remember to be gentle as you've already undergone some skin exfoliation. The cold water closes your pores to lock in the moisture derived for the various oils used in the scrub.
- Save the rest of the Scrub for later use in an air tight container, preferably in the refrigerator. The shelf life varies from about a week to two weeks depending on the quality of oils used.